Miller Manufacturing Company, a market-leading manufacturer, distributor and marketer of farm, ranch, and pet products, is searching for a Setup Operator II - Molding to join our team in Glencoe, Minnesota! Miller Manufacturing is locally owned, financially stable and growing – come join our team!
Summary: The Setup II – Molding is responsible for maintaining the control of processes in injection molding, molding/tool changes, setups, start-up and shutdown, troubleshooting, training and the production, assembly and packaging of quality products in an efficient manner.
2nd shift: Monday – Friday 3:15pm – 11:45pm
Wage: $17.75 – $20.00/HR depending on experience
- Operate molding processes to produce, assemble and package product according to Miller’s specifications while adhering to the established Standard Work Instructions and required performance standards:
- Inspect materials and finished products for proper quality, bring any concerns to the attention of manufacturing leadership and/or quality
- Maintain accurate inventory through proper counting and record keeping of components consumed and quantities produced
- Utilize hour by hour tracking to account for productivity throughout shifts
- Fully account for all hours worked to proper Manufacturing Order or other Job codes through the shop floor data collection kiosks
- Keep all areas neat and clean with all inventory and tools in designated locations
- Train and support Production Workers with molding processes to ensure quality production, adherence to established standards and attainment of performance standards
- Efficiently complete mold changes, set-ups, start-ups and shut-downs according to established procedures and processes
Perform processing adjustments on molding equipment, auxiliary support equipment, material handling systems, and robotics, in order to maintain quality & production
Respond to all machine, robot, and secondary equipment alarms in a timely matter to maintain operating efficiencies and maximize profitability
Monitor tooling condition, perform all necessary cleaning and maintenance during production runs and provide information regarding tooling damage and/or processing issues as appropriate to prevent avoidable molding problems and higher repair costs
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Requires a high school diploma or general education degree (GED,) three to five years of related molding processing experience and/or training, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend directions, procedures, instructions, specifications and setup sheets to determine correct machine set-up.
- On the job training may be required.
Pre-employment drug screening and background checks required.
1400 West 13th Street
Glencoe, MN 55336
- High-deductible health plan with 100% preventive services (in network)
- 100% coverage for preventive prescription medications
- Flexible spending account
- Life, accident, and disability insurance options
- Dental and vision plan options
- 401(k) and profit sharing
- Employee assistance program
- Additional benefits may apply to specific companies
*Available to qualified full-time employees