$5,000 HIRING BONUS!!***
Miller Manufacturing Company, a market-leading manufacturer, distributor and marketer of farm, ranch, and pet products, is searching for a Production Supervisor to join our 2nd shift team in Glencoe, Minnesota!
2nd shift: Monday – Friday 3:15pm – 11:45pm
***EXTERNAL CANDIDATES ARE ELIGIBLE TO RECEIVE A $2,500 BONUS AFTER 90 DAYS OF EMPLOYMENT AND ANOTHER $2,500 BONUS AFTER 6 MONTHS OF EMPLOYMENT (MUST MEET PERFORMANCE AND ATTENDANCE REQUIREMENTS)***
Summary: The Production Supervisor is primarily responsible to meet production requirements, producing quality products, safely, at or above the standard rates utilizing Standard Work through the direction, training and support of manufacturing Leads, Material Handlers and Setup staff. This position is also responsible for all direct manufacturing staff, manufacturing order execution, the accuracy and auditing of transactions related to shop floor control and inventory management processes.
Essential Functions: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty listed below satisfactorily.
- Provide leadership and direction to staff with a positive attitude while supporting management, company objectives and the 26 Fundamentals to achieve production requirements.
- Provide staff support and training to ensure employees have the tools and resources needed to be successful in their positions.
- Edit and approve employee timecards and send daily shift attendance reports to ensure employees are paid correctly and accurate attendance records are maintained.
- Provide training to indirect employees and ensure that all direct labor are receiving the required general and job specific training and that it is properly documented.
- Make selections in the recruitment process and validate orientation and onboarding for new staff working closely with HRD and leads to ensure we are hiring the best candidates for the position and to ensure a successful start for all new employees.
- Ensure performance reviews are completed as scheduled utilizing staff evaluation information from leads and system tracked manufacturing order data.
- Assure staff understand and comply with all PPE and safety requirements, review and complete Accident/Incident reports from manufacturing Leads and perform investigations in consultation with production Managers.
- Maintain shop floor control and inventory levels to support the manufacturing floor while assuring inventory accuracy.
- Audit Manufacturing Order, Labor and Inventory transactions. Investigate exceptions and provide training and/or corrective action to eliminate the cause and participate in continuous improvement efforts to enhance control processes.
- Monitor inventory levels of production materials, components, and supplies and ensure FIFO and inventory location principles are being adhered to.
- Perform cycle counts as directed by inventory control.
- Support material receiving, put-away and distribution order processes.
- Support the execution of production plans through validating labor requirements, tracking actual labor applied against the plan, assuring standard work is followed and working with Production Managers to properly staff and assure all entries are complete and Manufacturing Orders are closed in a timely manner.
- Assist in ensuring a safe workplace by following federal and state guidelines.
- Approve all machine set-ups verifying material and dimensional specifications of 1st run part as well as repeatable, safe (OSHA compliant) production of acceptable products.
- Perform required area safety audits per the schedule and ensure that workplace safety policy, measures, labeling and devices are strictly adhered to.
- Ensure the safety and security of the facility every shift per the Building Security policy, sign off on the checklist and note any discrepancies.
- Assist in applying Lean Manufacturing principles to improve the cost, quality and delivery of products in manufacturing in coordination with production Managers.
- Document Standard Work and ensure that it remains valid.
- Train and support the 5S principles of workplace organization.
- Complete quality assurance checks of materials, in-process assemblies, and finished goods to ensure the quality of purchased and manufactured items.
- Monitor and adjust manufacturing processes and assure autonomous maintenance activities are occurring as planned.
- Communicate with quality, leads, managers, supply chain and maintenance as needed regarding material or processing issues that occur or need ongoing attention.
Knowledge, Education and/or Experience:
- Requires a high school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Requires at least two years of experience working within a manufacturing environment, preferably at a supervisory level.
- Requires Forklift certification (training and certification will be provided).
- On the job training may be required.
Pre-employment drug screening and background checks required.
1400 West 13th Street
Glencoe, MN 55336
- High-deductible health plan with 100% preventive services (in network)
- 100% coverage for preventive prescription medications
- Flexible spending account
- Life, accident, and disability insurance options
- Dental and vision plan options
- 401(k) and profit sharing
- Employee assistance program
- Additional benefits may apply to specific companies
*Available to qualified full-time employees