Miller Manufacturing Company, a market-leading manufacturer, distributor and marketer of farm, ranch, and pet products, is searching for a Production Lead to join our 3rd shift team in Glencoe, Minnesota!
3rd shift: Sunday 9:45pm - Monday 7:15am, Monday - Friday 11:30pm - 7:15am
Wages: $19.00 - $23.25*/hour.
*Shift premium included*
Summary: The Production Lead is primarily responsible for guiding production workers with a positive and motivating attitude in their assigned area of production to execute production schedules, produce quality products, safely, at or above standard rates utilizing Standard Work and maintaining accurate shop floor control.
- Prepare and direct work assignments and job rotation for the production and assembly of products to support the production schedule.
- Perform MO transactions accurately and in real time, assure staff account for all working hours either to correct Manufacturing Order operation or indirect code. Record scrap and move materials in the system to maintain accurate inventory levels.
- Assure that staff perform all tasks using only the defined Standard Work method, track performance to standard, chart the results and provide feedback to employees to support the development, implementation, and maintenance of Lean manufacturing principles.
- Provide staff support and training to ensure employees have tools and resources needed to successfully complete tasks:
- Provide Orientation and Onboarding for new staff completing documentation in the required timeframe working closely with HR and Supervisors.
- Assure staff understand and comply with all PPE and safety requirements, complete Accident/Incident reports as required.
- Support the Training matrix for staff by tracking and submitting updates to Supervisors.
- Assist staff as needed with job setup and refilling point of use inventory.
- Provide performance feedback to supervisor to ensure accurate information is included in periodic reviews.
- Provide occurrence and attendance exception information for assigned staff to Supervisor for timecard editing and approval.
- Communicate with appropriate personnel as needed for material or processing issues immediately to ensure product meets current quality standards.
- Perform and/or direct the completion of autonomous maintenance tasks as defined and enter Thrive work orders when needed for maintenance support.
Knowledge, Education and/or Experience:
- Requires a high school diploma or general education degree (GED), one to three years of related experience and/or training, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- This position requires forklift certification (training and certification can be provided).
- On the job training may be required.
Pre-employment drug screening and background checks required.
1400 West 13th Street
Glencoe, MN 55336
- High-deductible health plan with 100% preventive services (in network)
- 100% coverage for preventive prescription medications
- Flexible spending account
- Life, accident, and disability insurance options
- Dental and vision plan options
- 401(k) and profit sharing
- Employee assistance program
- Additional benefits may apply to specific companies
*Available to qualified full-time employees