Summary: The Recruitment & Retention Specialist is responsible for leading recruitment and onboarding functions for direct hire and temporary positions, acting as a first point of contact for employee relations issues, and administration of the termination process. This position is responsible for reporting, recordkeeping, and providing backup support for front desk responsibilities. The Recruitment & Retention Specialist will perform a wide variety of functions as a member of the HRD Team and those duties will include sensitive, confidential matters and will require the appropriate handling of same.
- Administers pre-employment drug screenings and background checks to identify candidates who may be prone to unacceptable workplace behavior and help ensure sound hiring decisions are being made. Prepares for and conducts new hire onboarding to ensure a successful start for new employees. Completes USCIS Form I-9 with all new hires to verify identity and employment authorization. Sets up employees in HRIS and other necessary systems and provides badge access and locker assignments.
- Act as first point of contact for any employee relations questions or concerns to ensure employees have a consistent, available resource for answers and issue resolution. Respond to employee relations issues and elevate issues to the HRD Manager or Corporate Director of HRD when necessary to ensure complaints or issues are resolved appropriately. Assist employees and managers with comprehension of company policies.
- Maintain records to ensure compliance with federal and state laws and to allow for easy retrieval of documents. This includes processing employment verifications as needed. Run a monthly audit for temporary employees to ensure all processes are completed.
- Leads recruitment efforts to fill direct labor, professional and technical positions. Partners with supervisors to develop and maintain clear and accurate position descriptions. Creates and posts job openings to engage appropriate applicant pool. Reviews applications, conducts phone screens and/or interviews to match experience with specific job-related requirements. Conduct reference checks as applicable. Prepares and presents offer letters to obtain quality candidates. Responsible for temporary employees staffing to ensure optimal staffing levels. Attend job fairs as needed to assist in recruitment of potential employees.
- Process terminations for both direct hire and temporary employees to ensure all necessary steps are completed in a timely manner. Schedule exit interviews for professional and technical voluntary terminations. Process and respond to any unemployment requests on behalf of Miller Manufacturing to ensure accurate information is provided in a timely manner.
- Provide backup support for front desk responsibilities.
Knowledge, Education, Experience and/or Certifications:
- Requires a high school diploma or general education degree (GED), a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or a related field is preferred.
- Requires three to five years of related experience or training, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Microsoft office proficiency.
- On-the-job training may be required.
Pre-employment Drug Screening and background checks are required.
1400 West 13th Street
Glencoe, MN 55336
- High-deductible health plan with 100% preventive services (in network)
- 100% coverage for preventive prescription medications
- Flexible spending account
- Life, accident, and disability insurance options
- Dental and vision plan options
- 401(k) and profit sharing
- Employee assistance program
- Additional benefits may apply to specific companies
*Available to qualified full-time employees