Miller Manufacturing Company, a market-leading manufacturer, distributor and marketer of farm, ranch, and pet products, is searching for a Material Handler to join our team in Glencoe, Minnesota! Miller Manufacturing is locally owned, financially stable and growing – come join our team!
1st shift: Monday – Friday 7:00am – 3:30pm
Wages: $17.75 - $20.00/HR depending on experience
Summary: The Material Handler primary responsibilities include loading/unloading trailers, supporting the receiving process, transporting material to proper locations, and organizing materials to support the manufacturing or distribution floor while assuring inventory accuracy.
Loading/unloading trailers, supporting the receiving process, transporting material to proper locations, and organizing materials to support the manufacturing or distribution floor while assuring inventory accuracy:
- Transport materials by hand, cart, pallet jack or forklift as required to support material flow while operating equipment in a safe manner.
- Load/unload trailers as needed and keep work areas clean and organized.
- Support the Receiving Process by verifying component identity and counts, palletizing product, noting discrepancies, completing paperwork and consulting with inventory control when needed.
- Properly put-away materials as soon as they have completed receiving and any required inspection processes.
- Use mobility device to complete inventory move transactions and complete required paperwork to ensure accurate inventory.
- Support the Distribution Order Process to ensure finished goods are transferred from Mfg to DC accurately.
- Preform rework and re-boxing of damaged and defective items as needed.
Knowledge, Education and/or Experience:
- Requires a high school diploma or general education degree (GED,) three to five years of related experience and/ or training, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- This position requires forklift certification through Miller Manufacturing.
- On the job training may be required.
Pre-employment Drug Screening and background checks are required.
1400 West 13th Street
Glencoe, MN 55336
- High-deductible health plan with 100% preventive services (in network)
- 100% coverage for preventive prescription medications
- Flexible spending account
- Life, accident, and disability insurance options
- Dental and vision plan options
- 401(k) and profit sharing
- Employee assistance program
- Additional benefits may apply to specific companies
*Available to qualified full-time employees