Miller Manufacturing Company, a market-leading manufacturer, distributor and marketer of farm, ranch, and pet products, is searching for a Setup Operator I to join our team in Anoka, Minnesota.
The Setup Operator I is responsible for the movement of raw materials to and from the workstations for each job. Assures that material-dryers, loaders and other material handling equipment are available, operational and clean. Additional responsibilities include managing the material handling area; keep all material and packaging clean and free from contamination and damage.
1st Shift: Monday - Friday 7:00AM - 3:30PM, overtime as necessary
- Perform hourly rounds of each press which consist of the monitoring of resin requirements such as material changes, preparing back-ups and blending material. This will also include the monitoring of material equipment such as dryers, hoppers and grinders, all to ensure production needs are met and to ensure all equipment is functioning properly.
- Use proper labeling and storage procedures for resin, material hoppers, mixing bins and grinders and the printing of labels for identification of such. Tracking material movements and reporting blends. Each function is to prevent the cross mixing of materials, that each work order receives the correct material, that each work station is labeled properly for all material handling equipment, and to effectively track all material transactions.
- Use appropriate reports for the monitoring of resins needed for current production needs and future forecasting of upcoming jobs, including backups, which ensures future production needs are met in a timely manner and to avoid press down time.
- Empty and clean material handling equipment which includes, but is not limited to: regrinders, mixers, dryers, filters and loaders, to avoid press down time from contamination of materials and to prevent molded part contamination at the press.
- Compliance with plant wide housekeeping expectations in all affected areas of job duties, which includes forklifts, as needed throughout the course of the shift to avoid safety concerns / slip hazards.
- A high school diploma or general education degree (GED) is preferred.
- Forklift experience preferred. Forklift certification required (training will be provided).
- On-the-job training may be required.
Pre-employment Drug Screening and background checks are required.
2939 6th Avenue North
Anoka, MN 55303
- High-deductible health plan with 100% preventive services (in network)
- 100% coverage for preventive prescription medications
- Flexible spending account
- Life, accident, and disability insurance options
- Dental and vision plan options
- 401(k) and profit sharing
- Employee assistance program
- Additional benefits may apply to specific companies
*Available to qualified full-time employees