$2,000 HIRING BONUS!!***
Miller Manufacturing Company, a market-leading manufacturer, distributor and marketer of farm, ranch, and pet products, is searching for a Maintenance Technician II to join our team in Anoka, Minnesota.
1st Shift: Monday - Friday 7:00am to 3:30pm, overtime as necessary
2nd Shift: Monday - Friday 3:00pm - 11:30pm, overtime as necessary
***EXTERNAL CANDIDATES ARE ELIGIBLE TO RECEIVE A $1,000 BONUS AFTER 90 DAYS OF EMPLOYMENT AND ANOTHER $1,000 BONUS AFTER 6 MONTHS OF EMPLOYMENT (MUST MEET PERFORMANCE AND ATTENDANCE REQUIREMENTS)***
Summary: The Maintenance Technician II position is responsible to perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and controls to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and to support processes improvement, quality and efficiency of operations.
- Complete maintenance work orders as assigned for equipment and facilities. Accurately and completely account for all work hours to maintenance work orders in the Miller Thrive system items in a timely manner to establish accurate cost tracking.
- Maintain complete records in the Miller Thrive system, and provide sufficient documentation on all machinery repairs, enhancements, upgrades and preventative maintenance to help identify problematic equipment or processes
- Diagnose equipment failures, determine root cause, detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to the maintenance supervisor. Work as a team to develop improvements to establish a long term resolution.
- Perform simple machinist and carpentry duties and responsibilities to fabricate fixtures, parts, repair and process improvement solutions using a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment to better help provide maintenance support.
- Provide SME support by participating in design reviews, developing and executing projects, work closely with engineering to implement a long term solution.
- Mentor, train and support Tech I and other Tech II on areas of expertise, and work as a team to provide recommendations where ever needed in support of the maintenance team.
- Work with purchasing or other maintenance techs to source components and support the availability of MRO supplies as required to help maintain inventory of critical spares.
- Be available for overtime and to be on call when necessary to provide necessary support for production and distribution demands.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals, evaluate effectiveness and conduct and implement preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities to help maintain up time.
- Maintain a clean work space, pick up after projects are complete, put tools away in correct locations and help maintain 6 plans that are in place to help keep the maintenance areas clean organized and efficient.
Knowledge, Education and/or Experience:
- Requires a high school diploma or general education degree (GED,) three to five years of related experience and/ or training, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- This position also requires at least three years of experience providing maintenance in a manufacturing environment, including electrical, hydraulic and mechanical areas, preferably having experience working on injection molding machines.
- Must be able to perform simple electrical repair, and understand three phase power.
- On the job training may be required.
Pre-employment Drug Screening and background checks are required.
2939 6th Avenue North
Anoka, MN 55303
- High-deductible health plan with 100% preventive services (in network)
- 100% coverage for preventive prescription medications
- Flexible spending account
- Life, accident, and disability insurance options
- Dental and vision plan options
- 401(k) and profit sharing
- Employee assistance program
- Additional benefits may apply to specific companies
*Available to qualified full-time employees